You can verify your right to enroll at an Australian university by obtaining the Confirmation of Enrollment (COE). As soon as you accept an offer letter and guarantee your spot, you get an acceptance letter. When applying for a student visa to study in Australia a COE is essential.

The COE has extensive data about you, such as the course you’re taking, how much it will cost and how long it will take you to finish.

The purpose of this blog is to educate you about Confirmation of Enrollment and to help you navigate its complexities.

What is a Confirmation of Enrollment (COE)?

The university will issue the student a Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) when an international student from outside Australia is accepted into a degree program at an Australian university.

A student visa to study in Australia requires this document as proof of enrollment. Information on the student, the school, the course (including start and end dates), and any prerequisites or conditions for enrollment are all included in the COE.

This document is required at every stage of the student’s visa application procedure since it acts as proof that the student intends to attend school in Australia.

Conditional Confirmation of Enrollment (COE)

The conditional offer allows students to accept university offers with some requirements. Students who accept the conditional offer can apply for an official Certificate of Eligibility after completing the requirements.

It is a crucial part of the student visa application process. The COE specifies the requirements to be satisfied before the student’s enrollment in the course may be officially approved.

The following are the requirements for a conditional Certificate of Eligibility:

  • Having entered their final academic term
  • Having the necessary English proficiency
  • By submitting verifiable proof of their education credentials
  • Applying for and receiving a conditional Certificate of Environmental Fitness

By completing these steps, students strengthen their position on the program. This increases the likelihood that they can continue their studies after all COE conditions have been met.

When will I get my Confirmation of Enrollment (COE)?

Once you’ve submitted your application will you receive your official Confirmation of Enrollment (COE):

  • When the institution sends you an invitation to enroll in your desired program and you formally accept that invitation.
  • The cost of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for your chosen visa must be paid.
  • Completion of the First Semester of Study and Payment in Full.

What is the process for getting a Confirmation of Enrollment (COE)?

There are a few procedures you must follow to get your Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) and continue your education.

Obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility:

Have faith in the offer and accept it: The first step in beginning your academic career at the school to which you have been admitted is to formally accept the school’s enrollment offer. Typically, this is done by submitting documentation or making a formal acceptance declaration using an online portal.


Identification documents, academic transcripts, evidence of English language ability, and other prerequisites may be necessary. Provide any additional documents to the institution to process your COE.

Tuition Fees:

In most cases, you’ll need to pay the requisite tuition fees or provide proof of financial capability before receiving a COE. Pay attention to the financial institution’s timeframes and procedures.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC):

Health insurance typically needed by international students studying in Australia. Get the required medical coverage and show the school proof of payment or coverage.


Wait for the COE to be issued after you’ve accepted the offer, submitted all necessary paperwork, paid any fees, and presented proof of health insurance. Assuming you meet all requirements, a COE will be awarded to you.

Apply for Visa:

You can apply for a student visa after receiving the eligibility certificate. The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) regards the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) as an essential document for visa applications.

What happens if Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) is revoked?

Your Confirmation of Enrollment (COE) may be revoked in a variety of situations. Possible reasons your COE could be withdrawn include: If you do not enroll in courses or pay tuition costs, the university has the right to revoke your COE.

Failure to Make Adequate Academic Progress:

If you are denied permission to continue your studies at the institution owing to poor academic performance, your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) may be revoked in accordance with the Unsatisfactory Academic Progress Policy.

Cancellation of COE:

Your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) may be revoked if you defer your enrollment, withdraw from the university, or transfer to another school.

Successfully finishing school early:

If you finish your coursework sooner than expected, your COE may be revoked once you’ve met all conditions.

If your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) is terminated by the International Student Support office, you will be notified of the cancellation date. In 28 days after receiving the notification, you can do the following:

  • You can leave Australia whenever suits you.
  • Submit an application for an updated
  • You can also apply for a different type of visa if you believe you qualify under those guidelines.

What To Do Next?

Since procedures can differ, it’s wise to double-check what your school specifies as necessary and how to move about things.

In order to comply with visa restrictions and sort out any concerns pertaining to your COE. It is essential that you stick to the prescribed schedule and maintain open lines of communication with the relevant authorities.

If you have questions or need assistance during the COE application process, don’t hesitate to contact the institution’s admissions or international student office.


How much data does the COE have?

Your personal information, the name of the course or program you are enrolled in, the start and end dates of your studies, and information about the school are all included in the COE. Enrollment requirements and other pertinent details may also be included.

Can I get a student visa without a COE?

No, To prove that you have been accepted to study at an Australian university, you will require a current Certificate of Eligibility (COE).

How long does a COE last?

COE are only valid for the length of the course or program for which they were issued. Typically, it extends for the full term of your study course.

Related Articles