Yes, you can change Visitor visa to Student Visa. If you already hold a Tourist Visa for Australia, you may apply for that bachelor’s or master’s degree. You can change your status from guest to student when you’re already in the country. You can remain and attend classes for as long as you like.
Changing your visa status won’t affect your student visa application, so don’t worry. The process of extending a student visa under subclass 500 is straightforward.
Can anyone change Visitor visa to Student visa?
Yes, there are three subclasses of visiting visas.
eVisitor (Subclass 651)
- Subclass 651 visa holders can only stay for three months per calendar year.
- Subclass 651 visas are often issued for business or pleasure travel.
- This visa is free, but only available to citizens of certain countries with an eVisitor passport.
Electronic Travel Authorization (Subclass 601)
- Multiple trips of up to three months each are permitted with a 601 Visa, for a total stay of up to twelve months.
- This opens the door for tourists or business travelers.
- Tourists are allowed to stay for up to three months each year.
- Citizens of certain countries with specific passports are eligible for this visa.
Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)
- Visa subclass 600 can be used for any purpose.
- Visitors’ stays are limited to 12 months.
- Guests can choose from one of five available alternatives.
- Tourist visas allow you to travel freely, while family sponsorship visas allow you to see your loved ones.
Who Can Change Visitor Visa to Student Visa?
|You Can||You Cannot|
|Minimum IELTS score of 5.5||Without IELTS|
|Statement (SOP) that is well-written||SOP with poor writing quality|
|Solid resume of previous employment||Lack of financial security|
|Good Character||Student visa application was denied in the past
Things to be considered when change Visitor visa to Student Visa
- It is possible to convert a tourist visa.
- “No further stay” 8503 condition should not be included on visitor visa.
- As an offshore individual or prospective overseas student.
- You need to fulfill a number of requirements.
- You must take precautions to avoid visa application rejection.
- Be motivated to return home country.
- A legitimate course relevant to your prior education is required for enrollment.
- You must have compelling reasons for not pursuing this education in your nation.
- No visa issues from the past or present will comply with the new student visa criteria.
- It should provide future employment opportunities.
Conformation of Enrollment Letter
You will require a letter from each school confirming your enrollment (known as a “COE”).
Students should delay their visa application until they receive a letter of approval from their approved college or university. Make sure the program you choose is CRICOS-approved.
The CRICOS-approved training is essential for four reasons:
- “Genuine Temporary Entrant” (GTE)
- Insurance for International Students
- Proving Your English Proficiency
- Character & Health certificates
Benefits of changing Visitor Visa to Student Visa
Changing your status from tourist to student has several benefits. To begin, obtaining a student visa in Australia may seem difficult.
There is a chance that you will not be able to afford it and will have to work during the semester to cover the revenue gap.
- You’ll have a weekly work limit of 20 hours.
- Income fluctuates from person to person, but it’s unlikely to cover all college costs.
- It’s adequate for keeping you alive and well. Some of these kids earned far more than their peers.
- You will grant a student visa without sufficient evidence of sponsorship and financial assistance.
- Tourist visas allow you to see the country and get a feel for the culture firsthand.
- Find a place to live, try the food, explore the neighborhood, and learn about potential employers.
- You can look around campus and chat with local students to make relationships.
- You can improve your chances of success and being granted a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) by switching from a tourist visa to a student visa.
What To Do Next!
The benefits of changing from a Visitor visa to student visa are numerous. It also allows for greater access to education and employment opportunities, as well as staying in the country for a longer period of time. The cost of tuition can also be reduced with a student visa.
Visitor visas to Student visas can be converted without any disadvantages. It seems unnecessary to wait at this point.
We invite you to enter the door of opportunity. We are a clear winner when it comes to getting you the education you deserve.
- Can I apply from a Visitor visa to Student visa?
If your visiting visa does not include “No further stay,” you are eligible to apply for a student visa in Australia.
- Can I apply to a course?
You can further your education by enrolling in any program, from Cert III up to a doctorate. It might be at a university or TAFE. Admission policies of various institutions vary.
- Am I need a financial statement?
The forms of identification and proof of funds required based on your country of origin and the school of your choice.